Oral / Poster Presentation General Guidelines
- All presenters are required to register for the 3rd International Symposium on CHWs 2023.
- We are unable to reschedule presentations to different times or days. Final presenter roster will be published prior to the symposium and evaluations will be based on this roster, therefore any presenter roster changes must be communicated to the CHW Symposium Secretariat before January 18th, 2023.
- To check the updates in program schedule, keep visiting http://chwsymposiumliberia2023.org/
- All accepted presenters should follow the required guidance.
Oral presentations will be arranged in parallel within 4 rooms: to include any of the breakout rooms (Ball room, Service Delivery/ Supply Chain/Health Financing/Leadership/Health Information) in the time slots for parallel sessions. In each of the parallel sessions there will be 4-5 presentations, one Chair and one Co-Chair to moderate the session.
Oral presentation sessions will be held as per below schedule (to be confirmed):
- Oral Session 1: Wednesday, February 22, 2023, 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Oral Session 2: Thursday, February 23, 2023, 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
- Oral Session 3: Friday, February 24, 2023, 9:00 AM to 12:30 PM
Guidelines for Preparation and Presentation of Oral Sessions:
- There will be 12 minutes allocated for each of the oral presentations indicated in the program.
- All presentations should be created using Microsoft Office PowerPoint and text should be in English.
- Oral presentations should be spoken in English.
- Each slide should have one clear message, large text and simple graphs/tables.
- Presentations should have a clear structure, for example:
- What question are you trying to answer?
- How did you explore this question?
- What did you find?
- What are your final conclusions?
- Application process for Oral Presentation to be announced soon.
- Presenters should test their presentation early in the morning on the day of their presentation at the IT booth before the sessions start. Volunteers will assist presenters with their presentation.
- Presenters should arrive at their presentation room at least 20 minutes prior to the start of the session to introduce themselves and work out any technical issues that may exist (including microphones, laser pointers, checking your presentation on the projection system etc.).
- To avoid delays in the session, presentation chairs will be keeping time and letting presenters know when their time is completed.
Venue: Health System Strengthening (Beside the Ball Room)
Poster presentation will play an important part in the 3rd International Symposium on CHWs 2023. The poster session provides an opportunity for casual, interactive presentations and discussions. Drinks and snacks will be available during the poster sessions.
** The two or three best posters will receive awards based on scores given by the Scientific Committee.
Poster presentation session will be held as per below schedule:
- Poster Session 1: TBA
- Poster Session 2: TBA
- Poster Session 3: TBA
Guidelines for Preparation and Presentation of Posters:
Preparation of Poster:
- Presenters should print and bring their own poster.
- The preferred poster board size is 7 feet (height) x 3 feet (width). For ease of viewing, the size of the poster must be within 7.5 feet x 3.5 feet. Posters must not exceed 8 feet x 4 feet.
- The main text of the poster should consist of:
- Scientific Evidence : Background, Methodology, Results, and Conclusion.
- Others (Case Studies/Field Experiences): Background, Methods, Challenges, Overcoming way.
- Scientific Evidence: title, authors’ names, affiliation and country must be placed at the top of the poster, followed by the main text of the Scientific Evidence and any illustrations, tables, charts, etc.
- Include a recent photo of yourself in the upper right-hand corner so that people can find you for discussion later.
- The message should be clear and understandable without oral explanation. Use bullets, and keep text to a minimum. Don’t crowd information onto the poster.
- All text of the poster must be prepared in such a way that it is clearly visible from a distance of at least 6 feet. If you do use color, make sure that your text contrasts sufficiently with your background colors to be legible.
- Excessive use of organization logos or advertisements is discouraged.
Presentation of Poster:
- Each presenting author will receive a poster code by email. Posters will be listed on the symposium webpage.
- Posters will be assigned to one of the poster sessions. At least one author should be present at the designated time when the poster is displayed and should make a brief presentation to the viewers as required.
- Upon arrival at the symposium, a printer-paper-sized copy of the poster should be submitted to the organizing committee at the Registration booth.
- Participants will be responsible for set-up and take down of their own poster. Posters must be mounted by the author(s) and not be mailed in advance. Unclaimed posters are not the responsibility of the symposium organizers and will be disposed of following the symposium. You will be notified of the setup and tear down times closer to the symposium.
- Corresponding titles and poster codes will be displayed throughout the poster presentation venue, so you will know where to display your poster.
- The presenter should appear 10 minutes before the session to confirm that the poster is correctly placed.
- Poster presenters are encouraged to bring some 100 handouts and their business cards for the viewers.